2015 Polaris Industries RMK 800 163
Rocky Mountain Powersports & Auto Service
RMK 800 163
- PRO-RIDE™ Chassis with Carbon Fiber Overstructure: Confidence comes standard. When you have a sled that responds to your every input, you’ve got a sled that you can trust. From technical tree riding to a demanding sidehill and turn out, the PRO-RIDE™ chassis helps make you a better rider. Better weight transfer for Rider Active Control, and 300% more rigid chassis for more precise handling. Carbon fiber overstructure for reduced weight without compromising strength.
- PRO-LITE Seat: Mountain snowmobiling has changed and so has it's seat. Shorter by 5.5" allowing you to easily swing a leg from one side to the other —along with a 3.75" wider, flatter area for more comfortable seated riding.
- Reduced Weight: In 2011, we introduced a 431. lb. PRO-RMK® 155. Now, when most sleds have gained weight, we continue to build ‘em lighter and stronger. Our PRO-RMK® 155 weighs in at 417 lbs. A weight normally reserved for high-dollar, custom-built mod sleds.
- Lightweight Silencer: The silencer has been designed to keep noise levels and overall weight in check.
- PowderTrac™ Running Boards: The PowderTrac™ running boards have been developed for maximum snow clean out and maximum strength. Built from extruded aluminum with bonded cast lugs, they boast an open area of 50% and integrated traction that is machined in for sure footed performance.
- Raw Refined: The low-profile LED tailight, lightweight punched snow flap with hand access and carbon fiber bumper with extruded billet mounts add style and function. The narrower tunnel cooling extrusions save weight.
- Structural Adhesive Bonded Components: By using technology to improve our manufacturing, we continue to build lighter stronger sleds. Bonded lower control arms featuring forged aluminum ends and steel tubing. This process makes for a set of control arms that are 2 lbs. lighter.
- QuickDrive™ Low Inertia Drive System: The QuickDrive™ Low Inertia System is designed to provide quicker acceleration and increased “flickability” through reduced rotating mass. Not simply a belt-drive, it is a complete lightweight drive system — featuring an extruded drive shaft, lightweight brake, RMK-specific brake caliper and of course the most visible piece of the system — a maintenance-free belt drive that requires no oil or tensioner system. The complete system reduces rotational inertia by 21% which means 5lb. less effort when carving.
- Coil-Over Rear Suspension: The heart of any mountain sled is the rear suspension. The RMK® Coil-Over Rear Suspension is designed for better flotation and deep snow performance with improved on-trail ride. By eliminating the torsion springs and redesigning the torque arms, this skid weighs substantially less. In addition, it is tunable to the snow conditions. A simple turn of the spring preload adjustment allows you change your set-up from deep powder to crusted snow.
- 800 Cleanfire® Engine: This liquid-cooled Cleanfire® engine with semi-direct injection (SDI) deliver outstanding throttle response and instant acceleration. These powerful, efficient engines produce the impressive power-to-weight ratios that deep snow riders demand. Cleanfire® engines start easily and reliably and they calibrate automatically as the temperature and elevation change. These engines deliver impressive fuel economy in real-world riding situations, which, for Polaris riders, means aggressive, up-tempo riding, not low-rev lab conditions.
- ProTaper® Bars: High-rise aluminum design and adjustable bar clamp creates an optimum riding position that can be tailored to your riding style. Bar hooks and race-style master cylinder round out the purpose-built controls.
- Walker Evans® Coil-Over Shocks: PRO-RMK® shocks are a rebuildable, IFP, mono-tube design.
- Multi-Function Gauge: Versatile design allows you to swap tach & speedo positions, monitor hours, temperature, trip odometers and overall distance. Features a built-in recorder which logs up to 3 minutes of run time, which can be played back. Riders are able to choose fuel type through the multi-function gauge — an ethanol jumper plug is no longer required.
- Optional Security System: Prevents unauthorized driveaway of idling sled. Can be installed by dealer on sleds with PRO-RIDE™ gauge.
- Fuel Capacity (gal./L): 11.5 / 43.5
- Overall Height (in./cm): 51 / 129.5
- Overall Width (in./cm): 46.5 / 118.1
- Ski Center Distance (in./cm): 39 - 40- 41 / 99.1 - 101.6 - 104.1
- Estimated Dry Weight (lb./kg): 424 / 192.3
- Overall Length (in./cm): 134 / 340.4
Engine & Drivetrain
- Disc Brake Type: QuickDrive™ Low Inertia
- Drive System Type: QuickDrive™ Low Inertia
- Drive/Driven Clutch: P-85 / TEAM® LWT
- Exhaust: SC VES, Single
- Fuel System: Cleanfire® Injection
- Ignition: Digital CDI w/ TPS, WTS, DET
- Engine Type/Cooling: Liberty / Liquid
- Cylinders-Displacement (cc): 2 - 795
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 85 x 70
- Front Shocks: Walker Evans®
- Front Suspension: PRO-RIDE™ RMK® Adjustable
- Front Track Shock: Walker Evans®
- Front Travel (in./cm): 9 / 22.9
- Rear Suspension: RMK® Coil-Over
- Rear Track Shock: Walker Evans®
- Rear Travel (in./cm): 16 / 40.6
- Ski Type: Gripper
- Track Width/Length/Height (in.): 15 x 163 x 2.4 Series 5.1
Features and Options
- 12v Outlet: Accessory
- Color / Graphics: Matte Black / PRO-RMK®
- Electric Start: Option / Accessory
- Fuel Gauge: Mechanical
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Std. Adjustable
- Handlebar Hooks: Standard
- Mirrors: Accessory
- Reverse: PERC®
- Seat Support with Luggage: Accessory
- Seat Type: PRO-LITE
- Security System: Option / Accessory
- Speedometer: Digital MFD
- Steering: ProTaper®
- Tachometer: Digital MFD
- Temp/Low Oil Light: Digital MFD
- Windshield: RMK® Mid, Matte Black
NOTES:Professional rider on a closed course. Polaris recommends that all snowmobile riders take a training course. Do not attempt maneuvers beyond your capability. Always wear a helmet and other safety apparel. Never drink and ride.
- Engine Type
- 795 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 85 x 70 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Cleanfire® Injection
- Digital CDI w/ TPS, WTS, DET
- SC VES, Single
- Brake Type
- QuickDrive™ Low Inertia
- Drive Clutch
- Driven Clutch
- TEAM® LWT
- Front Suspension
- Suspension: PRO-RIDE™ RMK® Adjustable; Shocks: Walker Evans®
- Front Travel
- 9 in. (22.9 cm)
- Rear Suspension
- Suspension: RMK® Coil-Over; Shocks: Walker Evans®
- Rear Travel
- 16 in. (40.6 cm)
- Ski Type
- Ski Stance
- 39 - 40- 41 in. (99.1 - 101.6 - 104.1 cm)
- Track Type
- Series 5.1
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 163 x 2.4 in.
- Standard: Digital MFD
- Standard: Digital MFD
- Fuel Capacity
- 11.5 gal. (43.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- 424 lb. (192.3 kg)
- RMK® Mid, Matte Black
- Matte Black / PRO-RMK®
- Electric Start
- Option / Accessory
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Std. Adjustable